QuickBooks Error 6177 reveals a pop-up message when you are aiming to access to company file. It occurs when a file lies on a server computer and we are trying to access to this file locally.
Error Message Appears:
QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file. Before you can open the company file from your computer you must first open the company file on the computer where the company file is located. (-6177, 0)
The reason behind of this error might be in this software is networking troubles, might be there is any corrupted facts files, might be you are using an old version of the QuickBooks, there may be any installation failure of the software, firewall is blocking your network, or many other possible reasons.
Why this error 6177 occurs?
- Damaged or corrupted software.
- Might be any Windows registry gets corrupted because of any kind of QuickBooks software related changes.
- Incorrect or incomplete QuickBooks Installation.
- Windows system files obtain damaged as a result of malware or virus infection etc.
When the -6177, 0 Error messages occurs
- At the time Installation of the program.
- While QuickBooks software is functioning.
- Windows startup or shutdown.
- Installation of the Windows operating system and so on.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error -6177, 0
Solution Number 1: Move the file to the local hard disk.
- Firstly you need to relocate the file to local C drive from the internet.
- Next, you need to Open the C: drive and after that open the folder of QuickBooks.
- Now Create a portable file and save it to C: drive.
- Hereafter, just Close the company file.
- In this step, Restore the file and save it to the internet.
- Now just Open the company files from the internet. Hopefully this error is now resolved, if not then go for the solution number 2.
Solution Number 2: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Firstly Download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Then run this tool to detect the corrupted and damaged files in your QuickBooks over the network. If you want to learn about this tools function then consult with the QuickBooks Enterprise Support team member for acknowledgement.
Solution Number 3: Manually Resolve Error -6177, 0
- First of all Go to the computer system that stored the QuickBooks company file
- Now close the QuickBooks.
- Next, Delete the Network Description (.ND) file. QuickBooks creates the .ND files automatically.
- Now Open the folder that consist of QuickBooks company file.
- After that Now find the file with .ND extension.
- It will look something like CompanyName.QBW.ND.
- Here you need to Do a right click on .ND file
- And just click on delete.
- Configure the QuickBooks database server manager:
- Follow these steps to configure it:
In windows OS,
- Just click on the Start button and go with Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Now Click on the Scan Folders tab.
- Then click the Add folder button.
- Afterwards Locate the folder which contain QuickBooks company file
- Here you need to click on OK button.
- If you do not know that where the company files are saved, after that you need to select the entire disk.
- Now click on the Scan button.
- The display will certainly show which folders are being scanned.
- When the scanning procedure will be complete
- Click on the Close.
- Then Check the company files access permissions:
- Make certain the QBDataServiceUserXX has full accessibility to the folder where the company file is saved.
- After applying these actions now you need to open up the file on the computer system where the error message was displayed.
For more information on solving Error Code -6177, 0 read another blog related to this error from here: How You Should Fix QuickBooks Error 6177